Thursday 7 August 2014

Vicki Arrives & A Day in the Park


I had to leave the zoo early after the reception to head to the airport to pick up my friend Vicki, who was arriving that evening from Canada. Her flight was delayed, so I ended up spending some time entertaining myself with a magazine and some tea, but eventually she got there!

Vicki was in Scotland for around a month, and thus did a lot of things on her own, though she stayed with me for most of her visit (aside from a weekend in London and a week in Ireland). The weather was really gorgeous a lot of the time while she was here though, so one of her first days in town (after a little shopping excursion to primark) we went out to the meadows with my friends.




We grabbed some bubble tea first and headed out to soak up some of the sunshine. 


... there may also have been some wine involved. While its not legal to drink in public areas such as the meadows in Scotland in general, it is allowed in Edinburgh (someone told me it was because of the Fringe - the city gets so crazy during the Fringe they couldn't enforce it, so they just stopped enforcing it the rest of the year as well). I don't know how true that is or not, but all summer there is a lot of barbeques and drinking going on in the meadows. 





After we left the meadows, we went to Clerk's bar for some dinner and drinks. Just a really lovely day in Edinburgh :) 


2 comments:

  1. You're a great tour guide for Edinburgh now! Nice to have a second home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A day of eating and drinking, it would seem. ;)

    ReplyDelete