Tuesday 26 August 2014

BBQ


While Vicki was off in London seeing the sights and visiting some friends, Leanne had Becky, Mel, Alix, and I over for a barbeque. 


Unfortunately, neither Leanne nor anyone else had any experience with a charcoal BBQ - those of us who did know how to BBQ (Mel and myself) had never used charcoal before (we use gas BBQs like normal people).

It made lighting and heating the BBQ a bit of an adventure.


Happily, it was a lovely day, Leanne has a very nice backyard, and we had lots of snacks to keep us going until the real food was done. I had some very tasty cheese and veggie skewers, while the others ate ALL the meat (I don't know how they thought they were going to eat all that meat - they had burgers, chicken wings, lamb kebabs, and I'm pretty sure they also bought sausages, though they didn't end up cooking those... even getting through the lamb was a struggle). 


However, for all the complaining about the charcoal BBQ and its various inefficiencies, I have to admit, it was very cute looking. 


Adorable. 

More under the cut.



You can see one of Leanne's dogs by Mel's feet - I don't know their names, but they are very small dogs. That one is the very fat one (VERY fat). 


(I spent a lot of time waiting and watching everyone else eat their four servings of meat). 


Leanne is so pretty. 


The dogs were the most interested in whoever had food. Their love is easily bought. 



#class


After the massive meat-fest, we roasted marshmallows over the BBQ using leftover skewers from my veggies (it was all very ghetto).


It also only worked so well. 


All in all, an excellent BBQ and a lovely evening. 


3 comments:

  1. Tom and I rented a cottage once with no stove, just a charcoal barbecue. We almost starved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyra Jensine ... As long as the bar-be-que was cute; what else matters??? Beautiful pictures., You all look so happy .. ;-) All that meat sounds delicious, I am on My way to take "ribs" out of the freezer for supper ;-) ;-) ;-) I Love You

    ReplyDelete